'Viewport is view locked switching to paper space' - Slowing CAD down.

dsibbo

A problem we are having in our office on 1 computer is that this message appears in the command line

'viewport is view locked switching to paper space'

It happens whenever we zoom or pan into one of our locked viewports. We have purposefully locked the viewport so we don't lose the scale when we zoom or pan and want to leave it this way, however, whenever we zoom or pan this message appears and it takes 30 seconds before the screen readjusts to the zoom or pan we require.

Has anyone had this problem before? or know a solution to stop this happening.

We are working on ACAD 2011.

Thanks

I was able to replicate your problem so I believe this is just AutoCAD's way of reminding you that you are attempting to zoom in a locked viewport but why things should then slow to a crawl I'm not sure.

Command:

Viewport is view-locked. Switching to Paper space.

'_.zoom _e

Command:

Switching back to Model space.

A problem we are having in our office on 1 computer is that this message appears in the command line

'viewport is view locked switching to paper space'

It happens whenever we zoom or pan into one of our locked viewports. We have purposefully locked the viewport so we don't lose the scale when we zoom or pan and want to leave it this way, however, whenever we zoom or pan this message appears and it takes 30 seconds before the screen readjusts to the zoom or pan we require.

Has anyone had this problem before? or know a solution to stop this happening.

We are working on ACAD 2011.

This message at the command line has been observed (by me) since 2004/2006, however, there's never been an issue of any lag whatsoever. The message is displayed anytime a command (i.e., Pan, Zoom, etc.) is invoked within an active, display locked PViewport Object. This is normal behavior in my experience.

As for the lag, be sure your hardware configuration meets, or exceeds the minimum system requirements for your version.

For example: I'm using a Dell Precision M6600, Win7 Enterprise, Intel [quad-] Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 2 GB Video Card... Running Civil 3D 2011, Map 3D 2011, Civil 3D 2012, AMEP 2012, among others.

HTH