Previewing my Drawings before adding them

funk

Hi, I have a lot of cad drawings to choose from before entering them into my drawing and they are quite large, I was wondering what is the preferred method to previewing thumbnails before inserting them.

My ideal scenario would be to be able to open up windows explorer and cycle through large thumbnails of the drawings before having to open them which can be time consuming.

I know you can preview in the open file dialog box from the cad menu but the previews are small and hard to distinguish sometimes. I'm seeking an alternative I suppose.

Thanks in advance for you help

for some reason I can only see the big DWG file type symbol not the actual drawing... Is there a setting that i need to change?

arg, never mind, sorry I restored my folder viewing settings to default and now I can see them!

thanks for the help mate.

In windows 7 you can show the preview pane so that you get a preview of the file in a separate area of windows explorer when you select it. This is helpful because you don't have to wait for the whole folder full of thumbnails to generate, and you can resize it easily. You can even copy and paste text out of the preview window!