Multiple AutoCAD installed on a single system

Grigs

I currently have 2007 installed on my computer and we just upgraded 2 of our seats to 2013. Can I install 2013 and still have 2007 on the computer? Will that screw up running either one? Will they conflict each other? I will eventually uninstall the 2007 version, but want to get 2013 up and running quickly.

Thanks

I'm not certain how licensing works if this is an "upgrade" and if you are using a license server, but there shouldn't be any problem having both versions installed. Having said that, backups and restore points are always a good idea.

No, these are stand alone AutoCAD's. I like the idea of creating a restore point prior to installing 2013. Good idea.

If each has it's own license, then you should be able to install and run both concurrently for as long as you please. (I'm currently doing the same with 2005 and 2011)

Just keep in mind that 2013 is a different dwg format than 2007, and if you use 2013 to save drawings containing AEC content, those objects won't be backward compatible with 2007.

If you are on Subscription you can have multiple versions on the same computer. If you are not on Subscription and it has been 120 days or longer since you installed 2013 I believe you are obligated to uninstall the previous (2007) version.

If you are on Subscription you can have multiple versions on the same computer. If you are not on Subscription and it has been 120 days or longer since you installed 2013 I believe you are obligated to uninstall the previous (2007) version.

True, however I do not believe it's possible to "upgrade" from 2007 to 2013 without also purchasing Subscription. If it's not an "upgrade" of an existing 2007 license then each have their own permanent license, which is true in my case.