Poll: Block and Wblock base point selection

Patrick Hughes

What method of point selection for creating blocks do you most often use?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. What method of point selection for creating blocks do you most often use?

• Screen point pick
    • WCS point 0,0,0

I add a base point to the block in the block editor at a point where the block will be inserted into the drawing usually mid point or center of the geometry. All of the blocks we use are dynamic and have multiple visablity states.

Not sure why but if I am grabbing something already drawn, like an equipment skid, I will always use the lower left of the objects as the base point, unless a center point seems the more likely spot for insertion. But, for a single object like a dim arrow, I will draw that at 0,0 and use 0,0 as the insertion point.

Definitely pick on the block and not 0,0,0. The exact point varies with the block geometry.

You're deadly right. EOD :D

That may be the first time we have agreed on anything.:shock: I'm going to have to mark that on my calendar.:lol:

Oh, come on... :o

I'm still a newbie on forum and I have a huge respect for you and others guys. I don't think I argue with any of you... :D