Ribbon

Diast

One of my people just lost the ribbon and we can't seem to get it back. 2010 c3d Not sure what happened. Any guesses? (or definite answers would be ok too)

Look at the CUI file. And try switching Workspaces then back again. Sometimes that helps.

For giggles, type RIBBON at the command line to see if that's all it was.

Hi Styk,

I tried the RIBBON command to no avail. There is a message at the top of the screen "the ribbon does not have any tabs or panels currently open" There is a menu on his machine that is above Workspace in the CUI. On mine it is Workspace and things below it.

D

FWIW - If there are no tabs added to the Ribbon, then the default (or profile/workspace specific) tabs have been removed... Simply restore the missing content.

Simply restore the missing content.

I know that this is going to be a quick fix but I seem to be too far in to think straight. How can I restore the missing content?

I know that this is going to be a quick fix but I seem to be too far in to think straight. How can I restore the missing content?

Well, that can be a loaded question, depending on the level of customization made to the user's workspace.

For example, one can simply enter the CUI Editor, and select the desired workspace (upper left pane), and hit the Customize Workspace button (upper right pane), then proceed to add the missing items. If you are unaware of exactly what was there to begin with, perhaps starting with a standard workspace (one that is included in the product OOTB), save as another name (user defined), and then customize from there.

Does this make more sense?

Renderman

I am going to take some time to try what you have just given me. It is difficult to do this and my work too. Oh well.

Renderman

I am going to take some time to try what you have just given me.

Restoring, or more accurately often times, recreating one's workspace is never easy.

It is difficult to do this and my work too. Oh well.

I do not know anyone that's a stranger to that scenario! :rofl: