Convert SLDPRT to DWG

User2012

I just received a SLDPRT file. Does anyone have any knowledge on how to convert a SLDPRT file to a .dwg file?

I don't have access to SolidWorks. I just have CAD2012!:oops:

• 1 month later...

SLDPRT is a file that is native to Solidworks only. It is a 3-D file. It cannot be converted into a dwg file which is a 2-D file native to Autocad. Some dwg files can be imported into Solidworks and if corrected to requirements can be used to extrude, etc, and converted to SLDPRT but not the other way around.

Gotchy

SLDPRT is a file that is native to Solidworks only. It is a 3-D file. It cannot be converted into a dwg file

Gotchy

Of course it can be converted. AutoCAD 2012 will convert it directly, or use FREE Inventor Fusion http://labs.autodesk.com if no access to AutoCAD 2012.

If requesting an ACIS file (*.sat) be sure to tell them ACIS v7. They likely don't have a clue how to change that - so just use the sldprt file coverted in Fusion (assuming the sldprt is not of a later version than Fusion.

I assume that I am doing the same thing. First open SW file in Autocad Inventor, then save it in dwg.

Now I am confused. Are you using AutoCAD or are you using Autodesk Inventor or are you using Inventor Fusion?

Did you in fact get it all to work or not?

I don't have access to SolidWorks. I just have CAD2012

What is "CAD2012"?

There are many different CAD programs.

SolidWorks 2012 is CAD 2012. CAD = Computer Aided Design