Single Text

dsibbo

I need to change the style of my single text, not Mtext, but just text on AutoCAD 2011. If I try to edit Mtext then the Ribbon on the top of Cad changes to Text Editor and allows me to modify the text as I require. However when I click into single text all that happens is the text becomes highlight and I no longer get the option to change the style or font. Can anyone tell me what toolbar or option is missing so I can get it back as normal.

Thanks

Edited by dsibbo

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• dsibbo

• Dadgad

• nestly

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are you referring to the box that comes up that lists the Layer, Contents, Style, Annotative, Justify, Height and Rotation?

Yes, that is the box i'm looking for. I have changed PC's and it doesn't appear on this PC when I click single line text.

That is the Quick Properties dialog box. You can toggle it On/Off via an icon on the bottom left hand side of your screen. I think it is the second one in from the right.

That is the Quick Properties dialog box. You can toggle it On/Off via an icon on the bottom left hand side of your screen. I think it is the second one in from the right.

I am a huge fan of QUICK PROPERTIES, but sounds to me like we might be talking about the TEXT FORMATTING TOOLBAR.

I think the SYSTEM VARIABLE displayed in the image may sort you out.

I suspect you want your TEXTED setting to be 2. :)

text editor.JPG

text formatting toolbar.jpg

quick properties palette.JPG

Jeez, that looks an awful lot like the in-place text editor for multi-line text. I believe the OP said he was not talking about MText or did I read his post wrong?

Jeez, that looks an awful lot like the in-place text editor for multi-line text. I believe the OP said he was not talking about MText or did I read his post wrong?

Good point my robotic brother, having reread the original post, you may well have been right. I hate using regular TEXT, because I don't like how you have no real options when editing it. :beer:

And I rarely use the RIBBON, unless wrapping a present, or hard pressed to do without it. :)

Let's just wait and see which of the TEXTED variables the OP goes for. :wink:

TEXTED = 1 will display a dialog box on screen but there are no options associated with it. At least one has options with the Quick Properties window.

Dadgad,

It appears what you have indicated is what I am looking for. Could you explain how I get this box to appear again please?

Thanks

I have an architects plan for a building. All the room names are 1 line, when i click them and look at properties they are indicated 'text' which is single line text.

However when i double click them, i used to get a toolbar appearing, which allowed me to change the text style now all i get is highlighted text. The toolbar doesn't show up anymore. It wasn't quick properties though, as I can still get this to appear.

Sorry, Just the window that appears which allows me to change the style of font of the text then disappears when I come out of the text.

OK so how do i change the font.

I have text that has been drawn on a text style, but the text itself has had its font individually changed, so no matter how many times I change the style, the font still needs changing.

This is similar to having a layer which is coloured blue, yet all objects on that layer changed to yellow, no matter how many times i change its layer, everything will remain yellow until i change it to back by layer.

Quick properties isn't the window i'm looking for.

It sounds like the style of the text was overridden.

When you changed the font style did you click on the APPLY button?

Are you changing the font NAME or the font STYLE in the STYLE dialog window?

OK so how do i change the font.

I have text that has been drawn on a text style, but the text itself has had its font individually changed, so no matter how many times I change the style, the font still needs changing.

This is similar to having a layer which is coloured blue, yet all objects on that layer changed to yellow, no matter how many times i change its layer, everything will remain yellow until i change it to back by layer.

Quick properties isn't the window i'm looking for.

You sound like you need to change the TEXT to MTEXT. The text formatting toolbar which I posted earlier is for editing MTEXT.

In new versions there is an EXPRESS TOOL, the TXT2MTXT command which could quite easily be used to convert all of those annoying TEXT bits into MTEXT.

Having done that you would get back the TEXT FORMATTING EDITOR you want by double clicking on any MTEXT.

If you set you TEXTED value to 1 you will get the minimalist editing display shown in the image.

texted value set to 1.jpg

Edited by Dadgad

If you do not have the TXT2MTXT option available to you then you should just use this from Lee Mac's site

http://www.lee-mac.com/matchtextprops.html

while there do yourself a favor and look around a bit,

lots of great programs there.

Thanks Lee! :beer: :)

Having just googled it, it appears that you probably can use T2M (TXT2MTXT) assuming that you have EXPRESS TOOLS installed, it has been around much longer than I realized. :)

I wonder if MATCHPROP command would sort it out for you?

If not just turn them all into MTEXT and then you will have the use of the TEXT FORMATTING EDITOR to expedite matters.

Edited by Dadgad