Everything in Navisworks in Gray

Epicurwin

I'm trying to look at a navisworks file but everything is gray. When I select a saved viewpoint a clash is still in color which is useful but if I want to view the overall picture seeing the entire floor in one color is very confusing. when I went to a meeting, the person flying the model was able to change the color setting very quickly so that every trade had it's own color. I can't figure this out and I haven't found any information online about this. How do I get objects to show their own color?

In Manage, you can right click on the file link and go to Override Item -> Override Color. This will change everything on that selected file to whatever color you want. You could go further and do it by layer in that file, but that's over doing it if you ask me.

Be aware of any materials or layer colors of the objects before inserting into Navisworks. But I'll agree with jmerch that's probably not the case, and you can control these settings inside Navisworks alone.

Also, a couple things to consider:

While in the Clash Detective tool, the "Dim Other" checkbox will turn everything gray.

n-dim_other.png

Like jmerch said about changing colors, when you save a Viewpoint, you need to Right-click > Edit to check these two checkboxes, which will "save" any changes to the active viewpoint so you don't lose any color/transparency/transform changes you might have made.

n-vp_att.png

Hope this helps. :)