CADTutor Search Problems

edoll

Hello,

I was in need to some info on CADTutor about dwg to pdf. So I clicked Forum, and then used the search bar in the upper right and typed dwg to pdf. It said sorry no matches...sure, I was a little disappointed. So I google searched it and found a thread that was from CADTutor! And it has the exact phrase "dwg to pdf" in its title! What am I doing wrong here? It would be really nice to just go directly to CADTutor directly as I intended instead of spending extra time to google search stuff and possibly find an answer on another site.

Is the search function for a purpose other than searching forums?

Thanks,

I think there is some minimum number of characters per word that is required. DWG and PDF only have three characters each.

I just confirmed my hypothesis. I tried searching on just the letters DWG. No luck. Tried DWG PDF. No luck. Even tried a search on DWG PDF TXT LSP SYS and still no luck. However, I searched on the word DRAW and got plenty of hits.

I think there is some minimum number of characters per word that is required. DWG and PDF only have three characters each.

I just confirmed my hypothesis. I tried searching on just the letters DWG. No luck. Tried DWG PDF. No luck. Even tried a search on DWG PDF TXT LSP SYS and still no luck. However, I searched on the word DRAW and got plenty of hits.

That has to be right.

edoll, I also did the search "dwg to pdf" and, like you, had no results. However if you add an "s" to the search "dwgs to pdfs" you will bring up the threads. My suggestion would be that anytime you need to search for a file type, add an "s" on the end.

I tend to use Google to search CADTutor, or the 'Advanced Search' here at CADTutor if I want to search for something that I have specifically posted.

In Google you can type 'site:cadtutor.net' and then your query to only search pages from CADTutor.

Lee

• 2 weeks later...