First letter of Component Tag replaced with ?

Pawnsurfer

Hi all,

I have been mucking around in places I shouldn't migrating our custom part libraries from IEC to AS Drafting Standards. In doing so I have lost the first digit of the Component tag.

If I look in the project properties and the sheet properties, both are set to %F%N for formatting yet when I insert a component I either just get the number, based on line reference, eg: 0001 or I get ?0001.

Normally if I insert a switch it would be S0001 or a relay would be R0001 but now it's different.

I don't want to re-install if I can help it as we have only just got everything else working brilliantly and getting all the libraries into common locations on the server ans stuff like that has been a challenge.

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Pawnsurfer

I have found it, Perseverance pays off every time! Thanks to anyone who looked, mods please feel free to close and delete this thread. Resolved

It was actually unrelated to my database hacking, it was the title block template I had created was set to default %N rather than %F%N and I also did not have a ladder on the sheet, so that the question mark represented the fact that there was no line reference.

Both issues put together made for a confusing time!

All good now.

I did my electrical training about 3 years ago now and we still haven't used it on a project! I like electrical (the only person here who does) but I will need a lot of time to get going again. I still like to see what "mistakes" others are making though so I can sound superior if it ever happens in this office. :rofl: That is why I like to see solutions to silly mistakes.