Pipe types

Nick-H-

How do you go about loading new pipe types?

I only seem to have copper pipe loaded. I try and load some other type say stanless, and i cant seem to select it (its not there in the list)

I sorted that cheers.

is it best to draw all the pipework first then go round putting vaves in, I assume the cut into the pipework?

Nick

Yes, this is the best method. Remember, in Revit don't think about it as "drawing". Sometimes it's better to use Pipe Placeholders and use the Slice tool to place transitions/reducers, etc. Valves do break into the pipe. Also keep a close eye on Routing Preferences; they can come in real handy at times.

How do you make a tap instead of tee off a pipe run?

Ive changing the routing preferences and changed it from tee to tap, and it wont do it for some reason.

For Revit MEP 2013: Click once on a pipe that already exist in the model. Click the Edit Type button, then under Segments and Fittings > Routing Preferences click Edit. This is where you can access this information quickly.

Alternatively, you can expand Families > Pipes > Pipe Types, then right-click any Pipe Type and click Type Properties.

For Revit MEP 2013: Click once on a pipe that already exist in the model. Click the Edit Type button, then under Segments and Fittings > Routing Preferences click Edit. This is where you can access this information quickly.

Alternatively, you can expand Families > Pipes > Pipe Types, then right-click any Pipe Type and click Type Properties.

I think i did that, and it came up with an error when i tried to change it

I take it there is no tap family loaded only tee. but ive managed to select tap in the routing preferences

I love those...

Them: "I click a command and it gave me an error."

Me: "What error?"

Them: "I dunno, I closed it."

Me: :facepalm: :glare:

Capture.jpg