Chiller Family not calculating flow? Family Attached

tzframpton

I created a chiller Family and I'm not sure if I have my connectors set right. My connectors are not calculating flow at all when I load into a project and connect pipe. This Family is incomplete parametrically: I simply wanted to test the flow calculations first and wrap up the other information later. I did read on another blog post not to link the inlet/discharge connectors, so I un-linked my connectors, reloaded the Family and still nothing. I believe I have the Flow parametrically assigned correctly in the Family, but I'm not sure the System is picking it up once loaded into the Project. Any ideas? I've attached the Family for review if anyone's interested.

Family Here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4989089/Images/cadtutor/2013-04-02/Trane%20Chiller%20CTV-1.rfa

Thanks in advance!

• 4 weeks later...

Did you get it figured out yet, Styk?

I'll check it out tomorrow morning when I get back in the office. Sorry I didn't see this earlier.

Which version of Revit?

Did you get it figured out yet, Styk?

I'll check it out tomorrow morning when I get back in the office. Sorry I didn't see this earlier.

No, I haven't came back to it but I might have came across some info online. I think what I have to do is change the Supply and Return around. To humans, we see Supply and Return piping differently than Revit. Example: discharge from the pump is "return" into the evaporator instead of "supply" from the pump. I haven't had a spare moment to check it.