Good book for AutocadLT 2009

Moehrbach

I have used ACAD14 for many years, but many years ago. Many years ago. I am now starting to use AutocadLT 2009 and I need a good book on the fundamentals of AutocadLT.

I am retired and use ACAD for only home projects.

Can someone recommend a good book and a source for it. Thanks for your time. Otto

Mike

Thanks for your post. You know the books and the yearly LT programs. Although what I have is Autocad LT 2009, should I buy the 2009 book or would a later book (2013?) do just as well for now plus if I get a later version of LT in the future? Thanks for your time. Otto

Buy books that specifically target the program and features you are using. Books on 2013 or 2014 will contain features and commands not found in 2009. Why waste your money?

Mike

Thanks for your post. You know the books and the yearly LT programs. Although what I have is Autocad LT 2009, should I buy the 2009 book or would a later book (2013?) do just as well for now plus if I get a later version of LT in the future? Thanks for your time. Otto

i personally don't like books that much, i prefer to just use google or yt when i get stuck.

the site i linked to also has 2008 for dummies. did you check the 2nd link as well? i guess be pretty similar to LT2009 if you skip the 3D and the LISP stuff. - unless 2009 was when the ribbons came out(?) - i'm still on 2008 until next week :-) 2014 time

http://www.engineeringsurveyor.com/software/autocad_2008_for_dummies.pdf

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am retired also, so understand your situation. Other people on this site are great help, but they are professionals and way ahead of me in experience and capability.

I have one more book to recommend, which worked for my needs. AutoCAD Pocket Reference, by Cheryl Schrock. It is smaller than the other tomes, and very concise.

Good luck in your studies.

Bill

AutoCAD 2009 and AutoCAD LT 2009 - No Experience Necessary. I think McFarland is the author.

I just ordered the 2011 version of this book from Amazon. Author is Gladfelter (ReMark, you were umm... close on the author).

Will let you know my take on the book.

• 2 weeks later...

I recently purchased AutoCAD 2011 and AutoCAD LT 2011 - No Experience Necessary.

This is one big book - almost 1000 pages. It is a basic instruction text that a novice should start at the beginning and work all the way through the structured tutorials, which are based around building a cabin. If you can do that, you will have learned ACad. This is not a reference book where you can quickly look up commands. The book is not expensive, so if you want to learn from a book, this would do it for you. It was not quite what I needed. I could benefit from it, but don't now have the patience.

Patience is exactly what you need. It too can be ordered from Amazon. Get the full 12-pack. You don't want to run out of patience in the middle of a job.:lol:

If you just want a way to quickly look up commands then use your F1 key.:shock: