Shared co-ord' or origin to origin

Nick-H-

I am starting a new project and linking in the Arch model, is it best to use shared co-ords if there is any or origin to origin.

if you use origin to origin can you move it to shared co-ordinates?

if that makes sense :)

cheers

Yeah you can always do it manually but it's a pain, and it leaves room for error. Just use Shared Coordinates and you're done. :)

Im probably confusing myself here, but are shared co-ordinates always used? and would it be the architect that has them?

Cheers

Nick

Not always... it's your call whether you use them or not. Every Revit project has an internal coordinate set. When you Link in an architectural model with shared coordinates, you will acquire their coordinate location. Then when you start modeling, you'll know everything's perfectly lined up.

Here's some follow up info to read up on:

Acquiring & Publishing: http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/2013/Help/00001-Revit_He0/2278-Collabor2278/2470-Shared_P2470/2475-Acquirin2475

Linking & Shared Coordinates: http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/2013/Help/00001-Revit_He0/2278-Collabor2278/2470-Shared_P2470#WS46B90C3CB2C58CAD197A37CFC7FA555F3-8000

Not always... it's your call whether you use them or not. Every Revit project has an internal coordinate set. When you Link in an architectural model with shared coordinates, you will acquire their coordinate location. Then when you start modeling, you'll know everything's perfectly lined up.

Here's some follow up info to read up on:

Acquiring & Publishing: http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/2013/Help/00001-Revit_He0/2278-Collabor2278/2470-Shared_P2470/2475-Acquirin2475

Linking & Shared Coordinates: http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Revit/enu/2013/Help/00001-Revit_He0/2278-Collabor2278/2470-Shared_P2470#WS46B90C3CB2C58CAD197A37CFC7FA555F3-8000

cheers ive read them abit im still abit confused.

Ive got the arch revit model how to i find out its position? as i dont seem to be doing it right the Arch model has the structural linked in (and it lines up)

but when i bring the arch in linked and then the structural linked they dont match

Ive got the arch revit model how to i find out its position? as i dont seem to be doing it right the Arch model has the structural linked in (and it lines up)
Manage > Coordinates > Acquire Coordinates.

but when i bring the arch in linked and then the structural linked they dont match
It won't line up the objects, it lines up the Survey Point and Project Base Point (If these aren't visible, turn them on by going to Visibility/Graphics and expanding the Site category). If you already have elements modeled, you'll then need to move the Project Base Point to the proper location if it's not already by unclipping and clipping the Project Base Point. If the arch/structural isn't lining up then they're not coordinated. You'll have to check their survey points and project base points.

Manage > Coordinates > Acquire Coordinates.

It won't line up the objects, it lines up the Survey Point and Project Base Point (If these aren't visible, turn them on by going to Visibility/Graphics and expanding the Site category). If you already have elements modeled, you'll then need to move the Project Base Point to the proper location if it's not already by unclipping and clipping the Project Base Point. If the arch/structural isn't lining up then they're not coordinated. You'll have to check their survey points and project base points.

Opened the Arch file and turned on the survey point and project base point.. should they both be in the same location?

Got a problem with the structural i got to VG and cant turn on the base point and survey point its all greyed out

Im still stuck.

When I open the Arch model, the strutural model in linked in ok in the right place.

How do I transfer that to my template :( so it comes out the same

Cheers in advance

Nick h