Forum Database error

steven-g

I get to work early just to log onto the site so that I can then check any dwg's that may be in questions. But I sometimes cannot access the forums, 3 times this week, I only notice it at about 6am GMT, I'll let you work out the time. And it persists for several hours. The rest of the site is fine it is only the forums. Are there problems or do you run maintenance at this time of day?

Database Error.gif

I have gotten the same error the last few days (perhaps the whole week?), but not just during early hours. usually a refresh makes it go away.

BTW, David, the admin is in England so GMT should be just fine time-indication for him :thumbsup:

BTW, David, the admin is in England so GMT should be just fine time-indication for him :thumbsup:

Good to know. It's definately not a refresh issue, It's only an error with cadtutor, and only the forums. I try getting in from a shortcut and also just from a google web search and picking a forum link.

I'll *try* to get up at around 6-ish to test this myself.

No guarantee's though; I'm a lazy so and so!

That sir goes above and beyond the call of duty :) but it isn't every day, and any way it continues for several hours.

It could be a cron-job running in the background pertaining to backups. I'm just speculating as I have experienced this on my forum.

I'm not sure if I'm experiencing the exact same problem, but there are times when I cannot connect, sometimes for several hours. But I'm thinking that it is just on the computer where I'm working at the time. It seemed to be a problem after I uploaded an image a couple of times, but not every time. I was wondering if it was the browser I was using (Mozilla), but once the problem is there, I cannot switch to IE and log on. Though it might not be working at work, I might still be able to go home and log on. So, I'm at a loss as to what's going on or what might be done about it.

Good news and Bad news:

Good news: I got up at 6.

Bad news: I decided "meh." and got my extra hour and a bit sleep! :oops:

Good to know. It's definately not a refresh issue, It's only an error with cadtutor, and only the forums. I try getting in from a shortcut and also just from a google web search and picking a forum link.
Yes, an F5 refresh doesn't help any in my case. But I was thinking that someone (perhaps LeeRoy?) posted another kind of reset around the time the server was being upgraded. However, I have not found that reference again, nor do I know if it would apply to this case.

I figured it was the NSA and CIA hoggin' all the bandwidth. You know we all are very suspicious people on here ain't we?:lol:
Very suspicious, but I would go for some sort of spammer trojan screwing things up.

Good morning no problems today, but then I would say that wouldn't I
Yeah, you would! It doesn't happen every day for me either, but as far as I know, it only happens on my work computer.

PotGuy, you lazy so and so!:lol:

Yeah, you would! It doesn't happen every day for me either, but as far as I know, it only happens on my work computer.

I'll try logging in at home before leaving for work, for a few days next week see if it is computer related or not.

Good news and Bad news:

Good news: I got up at 6.

Well, you still look good from here. Your post came in at 4:02 AM local EDT.:)

There have been a few minor problems over the past few weeks, which result in the database error you are seeing. It's an intermittent problem and therefore difficult to pin down. However, I have been working on this and hope to have it resolved shortly.

There have been a few minor problems over the past few weeks, which result in the database error you are seeing. It's an intermittent problem and therefore difficult to pin down. However, I have been working on this and hope to have it resolved shortly.

Great thanks for the information, hope you can find the problem.

PotGuy, you lazy so and so!:lol:

I'm not lazy...just energy efficient! :lol:

And boy have you been busy with those siggies Neo!