Site hacked

Organic

Edit: tapatalk seems to work.

I see we have been hacked. The message "Hacked by painkiller" was displaying for several hours earlier. I'm guessing that was the reason for the slowness and the PHP errors now while it is being fixed?

Edited by Organic

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tuns

• CADTutor

• ReMark

• steven-g

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can only look at a few threads. This is the first I have been able to comment on since first thing this morning (6 hours ago). I guess our team are working flat out to restore the site and make it less vulnerable to a future attack.

I created the thread in Firefox, although on the computer its now failing and won't let me into this thread or any other again. Although surprisingly the forum seems to work fine/normal in tapatalk with no errors.

It was interesting to see how many Administrators the Forum had at one stage.

And how many new users with distinctly unprofessional names, all with membership numbers in the 123600+ area, but I expect they have all been cleared away by now.

Well done the hard-working back-room staff :D

I wish nothing less than a muscle wasting disease that afflicts the fingers and hands of those responsible for hacking CADTutor. A major pox on their house too.

Hey I'm back in, withdrawl symptoms or what :), I was able to view threads that were stored in the cache ie. viewed earlier, but kept seeing people posting new items but all I got was error messages, I am happy it's back, but it wasn't only here, the AUGI site was down today as well, hacked.

As Organic suspected, the forum was hacked last night and I've spent most of the day today repairing the damage and patching the vulnerability, hence the disruption. Things should be working again now.

Speed appears back to normal in general, but picking 'reply to thread' or 'reply with quote' both don't work, at least I gave up, and used just the 'reply' button

Looks like AUGI was attacked by a different hacker but the attack vector is likely to be the same - a recently announced vulnerability in vBulletin.

Yes, "Reply With Quote" seems to be broken at the moment - looking into it.