Why do I get logged out all the time?

Vagulus

Either because you did not check off the option "Keep me logged in" or you keep inadvertently hitting the wrong key with your pinky finger without realizing it.

My version comes up with a "Remember me" checkbox. I assume that's what you mean, and you're right - I do leave it unchecked. I have always done so because I often work on public computers and don't like leaving little footprints round the place.

I'll leave it checked on my machine at home. That should fix it.

Thanks

Yes, that's what I was referring to in the first part of my reply. I have had it happen that sometimes in my rush to type a reply I have inadvertently hit the Shift or Ctrl key on the left side of my keyboard and have found myself dumped out of the Quick Reply box. Must be my abnormally large digits.

If you leave it unchecked, you have a 15 minute window before it auto-logs out.

I believe it was mentioned somewhere that it's for accurate tracking of activity so that you don't have an idler sitting on it all day after logging in for a quick post.

If you think you're near time and you're typing a post, Copy your whole post, then post it. If it logs you out then all you need to do is log in and Paste it back. :)

If you check the "Remember Me?" box, you will remain logged in until you log out. By default, the forum keeps you logged in for 15 minutes after the last activity - if there is no activity after 15 minutes, you are logged out UNLESS you have selected "Remember Me?"

If you think you're near time and you're typing a post, Copy your whole post, then post it. If it logs you out then all you need to do is log in and Paste it back.

Definitely a PITA if you ask me.