Autocad lt Crashing

Neily

Hi, I am trialling AutoCAD lt, to see if it will be sufficient for 2d works, Previously I was using full version of cad, I have found that it is freezing an not responding regularly. Is this a common problem, is there anything I can do to fix this issue?, thanks in advance for any advice.

Thanks, I have plenty of RAM 8gb, cant find the CommCenter you suggested, it tends to happen if I have two drawings open or more at the one time

Are you on a network?

Are xrefs being used?

Could AutoCAD LT be looking for a file or files and the path is too long?

CommCenter a.k.a. InfoCenter. Links you to the AutoCAD community on line.

What are the full specs of your computer?

What full version were you using prior to LT?

What types of drawings do you do?

What is a typical file size?

icon1.gif

Are you on a network? yes

Are xrefs being used? yes

Could AutoCAD LT be looking for a file or files and the path is too long? possibly I will check this

CommCenter a.k.a. InfoCenter. Links you to the AutoCAD community on line.

What are the full specs of your computer?

What full version were you using prior to LT? 8gb Ram, intel® Xenon® e51620 03.6 GHz

What types of drawings do you do? Architectural type drawings

What is a typical file size? 1.5 mb

Maybe it's a problem with one or more of your xrefs.

One way to test. Open two drawings that are roughly the same in file size but have no xrefs attached. Does the problem still persist?

Some of the best advice re: problems with xrefs came from forum member RobDraw. I'll reproduce it here so you don't have to wade through another thread.

"The problem is probably in one or more of the XREFs. Detach all of them, making note of your insertion points and rotation angles before hand. You could insert them one at a time, and deleting the previous one until the problem comes back to figure which one(s) are giving you the problem. Personally I would go through each and every XREF give them a thorough cleaning and check for empty blocks and text, WBlock is a very good way to rid the files of that stuff. Complex or numerous hatches in XREFs can cause problems. A major threat to performance is orphaned attributes often caused by exploding blocks with attributes. Even just one can slow things down, a bunch of them can cause what you are experiencing. Another good one is MText that has been formatted in the editor. There is a LISP routine called STPMText that will fix all the text in a file very quickly. Check out those XREFs and let us know what you find."

Rob