AutoCAD 2009 LT errors out when more than one file opened.

davidhartwig1

The last six months? What changed? Hardware? OS?

Is there an actual error message displayed? If so what is the exact wording of the message?

You have provided us with little in the way of useful information. More details are required if you expect us to help you solve the problem.

The OS is Windows 7 professional 64 bit. No hardware changes. I tried reloading AutoCAD LT 2009, but that did not solve the problem. The message says:"FATAL ERROR: Unhandled e06d7363h Exception at fd0d940dh" and "OK", which closes the program. There have been the usual updates on software, and there was one program for the cloud server that seemed to be causing the problem. That program was relocated to another computer (my server), and the problem persists, even when the program on the server is shut off. Funny thing though, with AutoCAD opened at less than full screen, I can open multiple drawings (just discovered this since I read your response!)

I'll take a wild guess here and say LT 2009 is not supported under Win7 is it? Is the version of LT you are running 32-bit?

LT can open multiple drawings if run at less than full screen but can't when operated in full screen. That's odd.

32 bit 2009 LT won't install on a 64 bit machine. The 64 bit version is on the install disc (if you have one) and loads automatically. I have it running on Win 8 64 bit. I do have some weird graphics issues, but that is because I have an All-In-One with a somewhat uncooperative on board graphics card supposedly designed for "Media". I am wondering if two drawings on screen at once might be filling up your graphics lobes. Try going to Windows control panel, Performance Information and tools, Adjust Visual Effects. Then turn of all the fancypants bells and whistles, especially anything with the word Areo in it. See if that helps AutoCad.

I did this, and it helped a lot of my graphics issues, but my wife asked me why the computer suddenly looks like Windows XP.

That helped! Thanks Dana W!
OK, then. Next thing to do is see what sort of graphics card your system has, check it against the AutoCAD system requirements for 2009 LT graphics cards, and upgrade when you can.