Total the Length of Multiple Lines

droeyourhero

I have a large group of lines that I want to get a total length of. The lines cannot be connected to form a polyline. Right now the only way that I know how to do this is to highlight them all and use the list command but then I have to go through the text box and write down each line length and then add them up. This is fine if I have only a few lines but when you get into the hundreds or thousands it becomes a monster task.

I tried copying the text box data into a Word document, removing all of the text except for the line lengths and then dumping that into Excel to calculate. This works ok for a hand full of lines but is not really practical, especially when you get a large number of objects. You are also limited to the amount of text displayed in the text box.

I know that there are LSP routines that can do this in the full version of AutoCad but LSP is not supported in AutoCad LT.

Is there a way to automate this process in LT? Can it be written into a macro?

Or maybe extracting just the length data from a line to a text file where I can send it to Excel and use Excel to add up the lengths?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,