Changing Multiple Text

Tuns

Is there a command that I can use to either

A. Click the text and have it change to a pre-designated value or

B. Search the drawing for text that has the same value that I specify, then change the text to whatever I want it to.

For B you can use QSELECT or FILTER - I believe those are in LT. Give it a shot.

Also, selecting all the text you want and using Properties to change the value to a common value is always an option.

For B you can use QSELECT or FILTER - I believe those are in LT. Give it a shot.

Also, selecting all the text you want and using Properties to change the value to a common value is always an option.

The QSELECT and FILTER command are both in LT.

For B an easier method would be the FIND command. Ensure the List Results box is checked and you can double click on occurrence and replace the text with what you want. If you want to replace all instances simply hit the Replace All button.

Ah, FIND... derr. Didn't think of that one - good catch Mike. Also, you can use Wildcard Characters (scroll to bottom): http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocad/enu/online-help/search#WS1a9193826455f5ffa23ce210c4a30acaf-731e.htm

And with FILTER, you can save your search criteria. You cannot save QSELECT or FIND, as far as I know. :)

Filter, the Properties menu and FIND do exactly what I need. :)

Next question: is there another way that doesn't have a menu involved? The reason I ask is I'd like to make a macro out of it if I can. If there isn't a way to do that then I don't mind.

Is there a command that I can use to either

A. Click the text and have it change to a pre-designated value or

B. Search the drawing for text that has the same value that I specify, then change the text to whatever I want it to.

Menu bar >> Edit >> Find >> Replace >> Replace All.

Dunno 'bout the rest, but Find is a command.

From everything I can tell there is not. Are these pieces of M-Text or Attributes within blocks?

It is just regular text, no attributes.

Menu bar >> Edit >> Find >> Replace >> Replace All.

I figured that part out but thank you for the information Dana. :)

Anyways, thank you all for your responses. :D They were all very helpful.

I never found a way either, but this is exactly why FILTER is a good alternative since you can save the selection criteria. It saves as a *.log file which is a *.txt file and it can be migrated to future versions so you'll never lose it.