command line is missing, Acad LT2000

flyin blonde

I'm a new user, this version of acad is all I have access to at the moment, its been working fine until I recently opened it and found that nothing is showing on the command line. Its there, just blank. I don't remember doing anything to change the display or settings.

I also noticed that the click and drag feature on my mouse wheel no longer works, clicking the mousewheel brings up a dialogue box and nothing else. I can't verify both of these problems started at the same moment, so they may or may not be related.

Any suggestions? I was thinking of reinstalling the program, but I'm worried that there might be something outside of autocad messing it up, and I would have the same problem.

please excuse my ignorance, how/where would I do that from?

there is a space for the command line, but its black (like the drawing background) Cursor shows up, but nothing when I type.

No worries; we all start somewhere.

System Variables also have Commands by the same name... So to change NOMUTT == 0, simply type on your keyboard "NOMUTT" "0" .

Same for any other System Variable, AFAIK.

I did occur to me that somehow the background of the command line was set to black, and the text wouldn't show, but I don't know if how to change the commandline background, or if it can even be done with this old version of LT

Did you check to make sure the text wasn't the same color as the command line background?

I didn't think of that; good one... As an aside, you'd think it reasonable that an alert of some kind would notify user if such a selection is made. LoL

Does F2 bring up the AutoCAD Text Window?

You change the colors in Tools>Options>Display

that worked, thanks. it was set correctly, but I unselected/reselected the settings and it returned. go figure.

Now, to figure out why I can't get the mousewheel click to pan...

Hey that worked!

I've been looking through my tutorial books, couldn't find a thing on this. It might be in one of them somewhere, but it seems faster to ask here.

Thanks!

and now I have to wonder, how did those things ever got changed?....

no one else ever uses this computer, and I don't use it for cad very often.

computer gremlins maybe?

Well, how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

I know the answer to that, 'cuz I saw it on TV

3!

Ok, so the owl cheated, he bit after two licks.

But I'm not letting him near my computer.:)