USGS PDF layer control

CADuser9

One USGS PDF underlay is too large (very slow to navigate) in AutoCAD LT 12 and I need to cross two quads.

Used CutePDF Professional to save image as (PNG, JPEG, and TIFF). Also tried turning layers off before saving image. I need the topo and all I can get is the aerial. I need the help of an AutoCAD ninja, Thanks.

I don't think it has anything to do with the software you are using (AutoCAD LT). Maybe your computer is not up to the job of handing large file sizes because it is under powered, doesn't have enough RAM or your graphics card or onboard graphics chip is entry level.

Are you doing this on a desktop computer or a laptop?

What are your full computer specs?

What else is running in the background while you are working in AutoCAD?

How large are the PDF files?

Can xrefs be utilized in some way here?

CutePDF "Rocks!" They sent me something to run and I was able to make a PNG without the aerial layers. The PNG easily navigates in AutoCAD. Currently asking if the layers can be removed from the PDF(to get a black background).

Desktop info: Windows 7 Motherboard: HP h8-1050 Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-2600 CPU 3.4 GHz RAM: 10 MB Display AMD Radeon HD 6850 with 2 monitors HD: 2 TB

Not much running in the background. File size: 18,976 KB

Original PDF was xrefed and navigating with a 3 sec. delay.

Thank you for your MANY posts. You patiently share your knowledge and I have learned so much from you. You are a blessing!

CADuser9 must be talking about you f700es because from what I've just heard in another thread he couldn't possibly be talking about me.:shock: I'm evil.:twisted:

CADuser9: Does this mean your problem has been solved to your satisfaction?