Categories

Nobull84

In the never-ending search for lisps, functions and commands to make life easier, efficient and productive, I have a suggestion. Your website has an amazing amount of information. For lisps in particular, and maybe other areas, have categories for users to put their information into.

If someone was searching for a particular copy command, they could choose that category and browse the available. It seems the search function brings about many other things not pertaining to the keyword.

Thanks for the help and keep up the good work,

Nobull84

Hi Nobull84, you are right that the AutoLISP forum is very active with thousands of threads and there may be a case for adding subcategories. It's something I'll think about and let's see if anyone else has a view on this.

Could it not be addressed by using the Advanced Search functionality offered here at CADTutor? I think that at the root of the problem people struggle with writing good search parameters.

Could it not be addressed by using the Advanced Search functionality offered here at CADTutor? I think that at the root of the problem people struggle with writing good search parameters.

Yep, that may be true, the basic search can be rather crude.

I agreed with remark that it is something that would be better handled within the search.

Many threads start by somebody asking how to do this but by the time they've given full details they really wanted that. In this case you probably have a thread containing multiple LISPs, some doing this, some doing that. You can't really split them without destroying the integrity and if you duplicate the threads we are likely to have divergent answers again.

And that doesn't take in to account threads that get highjacked inappropriately. I know our mods do an excellent job but I think this will place another burden on them.

I agree with both remark and dbroada. If users properly applied tags, the search functions already here would be more helpful. And I believe it would be a heavy task of keeping it straight for the moderators. Maybe enforce a minimum amount of tags per post?

Thanks again,

Nobull