Design a alloy wheel rim in autocad 2010 LT?

gemian01

hi, if anyone atall can help me out.

I need to design an alloy wheel within autocad 2010 LT for next week, not in 3d, but with three views on a paper layout / plan layout, i am completely stumped and stuck.

i found a dude making one in 3d, but as im using cad lt there is no 3d function.

any help / advice would be much appreciated:lol:

There is limited 3d capability in LT if you know how ok start set Thickness to 25mm draw a circle say 600mm dia and now type vpoint 1,1,1 you will have a vertical edge for a circle, copy last 0,0,0 0,0,125 you now have two egdes. Set thickness to 100 draw a circle say 575 dia.

You get the idea from this no 3d solids then with a hide. Does LT support Revsurf ? If so then wheel rim can be made easy.

carwheel.jpg

Nope no revsurf. The only limits in LT for 3D are the objects you can use (no solids - or surfaces) and the commands available, which make it difficult (it is possible, just not straightforward). I would suggest drawing the views separately (plan, front and side) but also draw the object in isometric. Do you have an example to work from.