Circle Leader with Detail Inside?

Evelynn

Is it possible for me to insert a circle leader into my drawing, with a small detail drawing inside?

I have a few areas on some technical drawings I'm doing that need to show detail, and I'm trying to keep the drawing to one sheet.

The only detail leader I seem to be able to insert is the one with a horizontal line and two reference numbers (view & sheet).

If this isn't possible, what are some ways I can insert details into my dwg without making everything look cluttered?

Thanks!

Yes, starting in AutoCAD 2013, there is a feature named Detail Views.

There is a Youtube video here that explains it all.

Here is a screenshot also, to make sure we are talking about the same thing.

01-section_and_details_view_cropped.jpg

Oh man. That really is a bummer. But I may have some drawings I could import as DXFs from V-Carve Pro that I can use as close-ups for my blocks. Thanks folks!

Is it possible for me to insert a circle leader into my drawing, with a small detail drawing inside?

I have a few areas on some technical drawings I'm doing that need to show detail, and I'm trying to keep the drawing to one sheet.

The only detail leader I seem to be able to insert is the one with a horizontal line and two reference numbers (view & sheet).

If this isn't possible, what are some ways I can insert details into my dwg without making everything look cluttered?

Thanks!

Just create a viewport within your layout area and then point a leader to the area you want. You can switch between viewports by ctrl+r

you can make the viewport any shape circle, rectangle waht ever.

cheers D

autocad tutorial give for you how to learn autocad

NTD, please start a new thread if you have a new questoin - don't tack your question onto an exisiting thread.