Autocad lt paper space

Mary E

Unless you can get the file size down below the max allowed (zip it?) the answer is "no". The only other option would be to use a file sharing site like Dropbox.

I took a quick look at the file. The only problem I see is that you inserted a 24x36 title block onto the first layout tab labeled 24x36. However, the page size on that tab is 11x17. I superimposed the 11x17 title block from the LAST layout tab and it fit perfectly.

You only have to change the paper size in the 24x36 layout tab to solve your fitment problem.

I think the reason for the bloated file size is the exploded blocks for those trees. The hatch and everything are made up of thousands of separate lines. There are 14,238 separate entities in this drawing.:shock:

EDIT: I deleted everything but the table, and it's still 4 meg. The expoded blocks only accounted for a little over 2 meg. Not sure how to get it smaller. There are several threads on the forum dealing with fixing bloated files. Maybe one of them can help that. This is an issue because huge files are difficult to deal with on some computers with barely adequate system specs.

Edited by Dana W

Dana

Thank you for looking at this file. I don't understand a couple of things. First I shrunk the paper size down by using the window

Thank you

Mary

The file size is the image file in the second layout title block, just deleting that reduced the size down to under 700KB. The exploded block and hatch is possibly the architects idea to stop people easily changing his work.

Dana

Thank you for looking at this file. I don't understand a couple of things. First I shrunk the paper size down by using the window

Thank you

Mary

I think I found part or all of your issue. I don't understand how the Window option changes paper size. It shouldn't be doing anything other than fitting what you window to whatever paper size is selected from the dropdown list. Maybe there is a misconception of what it does?

Your Current Layout in the Page Set Up Manager was set to Brad's 11x17. Whatever you change, unless you click the Apply to Layout button on the Plot Dialog, will revert back to what was the the Current Layout before the changes. The page setup manager automatically creates a Layout definition for each tab you set up and allows you to select them for future layouts.

Edited by Dana W

The file size is the image file in the second layout title block, just deleting that reduced the size down to under 700KB. The exploded block and hatch is possibly the architects idea to stop people easily changing his work.
Yeah, after a second look I found that.

I mean this in the best way, but, I am so sorry Mary,;):roll:o:) but who imbeds a 6.5 megabyte OLE object as a titleblock logo.:stop: I don't mean to be ripping on ya, or anything. It probably was not you that did it anyway. I am just trying to stress that this is not advisable. That border/title block "Block" is going to bloat every drawing it is defined in, whether it is inserted or not. Block definitions live in the drawing file. Actually border/title blocks should be xref drawings and not blocks. That way, one can update or re-design the title block and immediately affect every drawing that uses it, but you have to go to each drawing to update a block.

Before imbedding a picture, it needs to be resized in photoshop or Windows photo gallery or something. The picture only needs to be about 2" square. This one is probably 20 inches across in real size, and it is set to maximum image quality.:shock:

I have a satellite image of part of Montgomery County Maryland I got from google earth, embedded in a survey drawing I did for my Father-in-law's 27 acre lot. It plots as a 3" sq site location map at pretty good resolution, and it really is 3" sq. It is only about 100k.