Why is Line weight defaulting to 3.5

grain

Whichever layer I use I still produce lines with a 3.5 line weight. Can you please advice me how one changes this to default to the specified line weight of the layer used.

(So glad there are people out there that enjoy helping)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• grain

• Dana W

• MSasu

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Then you overrode it somewhere.

Again, are you using polylines or lines? It makes a difference if you keyed in a global width because that will be applied to all polylines.

No I'm using the standard line. I've just noticed it's also happening (LT 2009) with the line colour. Even though its specified on the properties as 'by layer' its using the grey I was using earlier.

Without a copy of the drawing I really can't tell you what's happening.

I believe the settings have been overridden in the drawing environment and not in the LPM.

Grain, please call the LWEIGHT command and make sure that current lineweight is set to ByLayer; from your issue's description I would guess that now is set to 3.5.

Whichever layer I use I still produce lines with a 3.5 line weight. Can you please advice me how one changes this to default to the specified line weight of the layer used.

(So glad there are people out there that enjoy helping)

Is the line weight drop-down list button on your toolbar or ribbon showing the 3.5 or By layer? Is the color drop-down list button showing By Layer? These will show the CURRENT line properties for the drawing. Change them to By Layer.

Yes ReMark its defaulting to that in the property manager even though its specified on the layer manager as say 0.01mm

Just do us all a favor and attach a copy of the drawing to your next post or make sure the proper settings are applied where they should be (i.e. - the Properties panel lists lineweight 'ByLayer').

Are ALL the lineweights shown in your Layer Properties MANAGER correct? Yes or No?

The very first thing I notice when I open your drawing is that although you have the Dimensions layer set as current with its lineweight set to 0.5 and color set to black (in the LPM) these settings are being overridden and instead the lineweight is 0.35 and the color is gray 253.

NoGain_MuchPain.jpg

All gain....all pain.

The problem is being introduced by the CAD tech who is overriding the settings laid out in the Layer Properties Manager. Speak to him and tell him this is not a good practice to indulge in and hope he sees the error of his ways.

Sorry my post was out of sync then. ReMark I don't understand what you're trying to say. Do you know how I can correct this problem. I've no idea how it was caused as no one else has access to my computer.

Sorry my post was out of sync then. ReMark I don't understand what you're trying to say. Do you know how I can correct this problem. I've no idea how it was caused as no one else has access to my computer.
Yes, as mentioned twice, you select the dropdown list(s) that ReMark has circled in red, and change them to By Layer.

As you have been told, stop overriding your settings. Look at the Properties panel on the Home tab of your Ribbon (see image posted previously if you don't know what I am referring to). Set the Color and the Lineweight both to "ByLayer" and leave them alone. I can hazard a guess as how it might have happened but I won't say unless forced to. Fix it. Don't do it again. Move on.

Thanks Boys! :ouch:

You've done the same thing to your "No Print" layer too. In model space you overrode the color from black to cyan. I suggest that you have a separate layer for your viewports and set it to no print and also give it a color other than black (magenta is a good choice) so it can be easily distinguished in your layout.