Symbol management in Autocad LT

Robert Whiting

We use Auto cad LT over the hole company probably about 30 licences and I have the task of managing the block liberty which we all use. It need updating and I was wondering what is the best way of doing it? I have had a look for third party software but I carnet find anything for LT? dos anybody have any suggestions?

We have a mixture of workstations and laptops so I have had to copy the dater of the network location and place it on the local laptops then add a Mapped drive to the laptop which point to itself.

Any help or suggestion would be good.

It is not a viable option to upgrade to the full version

• 3 weeks later...

Need updating how? For what?

The simplest and quickest access method is to centrally locate your library on the server and all your AutoCAD users access it with ADCENTER command that's already built in.

Work with your CAD and I.T. Managers to get started.

Edited by pendean

So long as all your blocks are in a folder on the network, and then on everyone's machines the support path points to that location then it should be fine, if any of the laptops are taken away from the network then just copy that folder in it's entirety onto the laptop and again make sure autocads support path points to that location, you can set up the laptops to synchronize with that location whenever they are reconnected with the network (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/understanding-offline-files#1TC=windows-7).