MEP Model for a Metro Tunnel (Double Curved Path)

gnaughton

Hi,

Coming from the architectural focus in Revit, my attention has temporarily been turned to the above topic, where I have a couple of questions!

Firstly, is Revit MEP a suitable design application for such a non orthogonal project - and what kind of processes exist to achieve such a model?

Secondly - I have created a part of the required model by modelling individual straight pipes in 5m lengths, following a 3D spline which gently curves in both directions (image attached) - however, I am finding it difficult to join the pipes together with a fitting due to the very slight difference in angles between each of the pipes... We're talking about a difference in angle of 1-3 degs in both plan and section views - any advice on how to accomplish this would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

mep01.JPG

mep02.jpg

This type of duct routing is definitely not typical. I've had success in getting pipe to "curve" in cut lengths by using the slice tool, then using dimensional constraints to "pull" the duct in a 3 degree offset that resulted in a beveled edge.