Problems with some ole items

Don2712

I am relearning autocad after a break of over 10 years and am having an ole problem.

Sorry if this problem has already been addressed but, I have not been able to find anything helpful in the forums.

I have no problems importing standard word documents as ole into my 2009Lt however, I recently tried to import a door schedule on a word document set out using the word table function. It imported ok and was well defined but, lighter than the rest of the drawing.

I save to pdf and then have my drawings printed 24x36 on that format the ole came out sharp and readable but, still, about 20% lighter than the rest of the drawing.

I have tried playing around with the ole properties settings and the print set up but, nothing I have tried so far works.

It's not a major problem in itself because it's quite readable but, it makes the drawing aesthetically less presentable.

I could draw the schedule in model space but, I wanted to find out if there was a fix before I did this, any suggestions would be very welcome.

I generally set OLE objects to have a 'plot quality' or something similarly similar [in the properties pane when you select the OLE object) to 'monochrome' and find this gives the best results.

I generally set OLE objects to have a 'plot quality' or something similarly similar [in the properties pane when you select the OLE object) to 'monochrome' and find this gives the best results.

I’ve tried all 3 settings available with no effect.

However, I have just realised that I had not mentioned that this difference is not noticeable in plot preview only after the drawing has been plotted to Pdf, and evident when the Pdf is opened.

All the standard word documents I have imported as ole match the rest of the drawing it’s just this one with a table layout that doesn’t.

Why did you use Word to create what is basically a spreadsheet? Why didn't you use Excel? Better yet, why didn't you use the Table command in AutoCAD?

I’ve tried all 3 settings available with no effect.

However, I have just realised that I had not mentioned that this difference is not noticeable in plot preview only after the drawing has been plotted to Pdf, and evident when the Pdf is opened.

All the standard word documents I have imported as ole match the rest of the drawing it’s just this one with a table layout that doesn’t.

As a fellow LT 2009 user, I can tell you that the dwg to pdf.pc3 driver for it is a random image problem creator. What you see in the plot preview may or may not be what you get, and it doesn't have to be in your particular situation.

What I did to cure my ills was to download AutoDesk TrueView. It is free, and it has a very good pdf driver. It opens dwg files, looks just like AutoCad (newer versions) and plots using all your layout properties set out in your dwg from AutoCad. The pdf's are cleaner, smaller file sizes, and if your problem still persists, at least it only costs a few minutes of time to install and find out where the problem is not.

If you have custom plot styles, you may have to copy them over to the TrueView File support path.