Autocad Lt 2015 Layouts

qball

:x:x

Not being able to click and CTRL to copy Layout tabs is pretty annoying. Equally annoying is not being able to publish just some of the layouts. I have a revision and it only applies to, say, sheets 7 and 20. I have to publish all and then subtract the other sheets in the Publish Dialog. Does anyone else have a better method?

Not being able to click and CTRL to copy Layout tabs is pretty annoying. Equally annoying is not being able to publish just some of the layouts. I have a revision and it only applies to, say, sheets 7 and 20. I have to publish all and then subtract the other sheets in the Publish Dialog. Does anyone else have a better method?

Yeah, LT 2015 has the sheet set manager, on the layout ribbon panel. Start a new sheet set, command =NEWSHEETSET Name it, navigate to the folder with the drawings, click ok. deselect the entire folder name at the top of the tree, then select the individual sheets you want. Then save, and plot/print the sheet set. I just did one for five random sheets in about 30 seconds. Another advantage is you will still have the sheet set, if the guy down the hall asks for a copy of the revised sheets in the morning for an impromptu budget meeting or something.

Has it not always been like this? That is how I publish anyway.

Has it not always been like this? That is how I publish anyway.

In past versions you could CTRL click to highlight specific sheets you wanted to publish, or SHIFT click for a range, like any Windows type functions. Those were good times :(

I should clarify that you can still do what I described above. What has changed is that without the scroll bar for the layout tabs, if you have more layouts than can show on the display you can't CTRL select multiple layouts because it won't work on the Pull up menu

You can get a thumbnail preview scroll across the top by hovering over the drawing tab in the upper left but that doesn't seem to allow for selecting multiple layouts either.

I guess we'll have to use either the publish or sheet set selection to get there.

A little bit out there but using excel could write a script and cut and paste to command line, would just need Dwg name, sheet number range, this of course would require some consistency with layout names. We use D01 d02 so no probs just copy the code for plotting repeated layouts printer setup.

Ctab sheet1
"-PLOT"  "Y"  "" "dwg to Pdf"
       "Iso full bleed A3 (420.00 x 297.00 MM)" "m"    "LANDSCAPE"  "N"   "W"  "-6,-6"    "807,560" "1=2"  "C"
       "y"   "Designlasercolour.ctb" "Y" "n"    "n"    "n"   pdfName "N" "y"
ctab sheet2
"-PLOT"  "Y"  "" "dwg to Pdf"
       "Iso full bleed A3 (420.00 x 297.00 MM)" "m"    "LANDSCAPE"  "N"   "W"  "-6,-6"    "807,560" "1=2"  "C"
       "y"   "Designlasercolour.ctb" "Y" "n"    "n"    "n"   pdfName "N" "y"