Dynamic Blocks - Maintaining a minimum dimension when stretching other elements

blowther

Hi everyone,

I am stumped. I believe what I want is the use of constraints, but as I'm using AutoCAD 2015 LT this is not an option.

Essentially, I'm creating a dynamic block of a door with a glass panel above it. I obviously want the height of the door to be adjustable, but the critical thing is when users do this, that the glass panel cannot ever be less than 166mm. On top of that, the glass panel itself can be adjusted in height (but again cannot be made less than 166mm).

Does anyone know of a way to do this?

I've attached a basic screenshot below of what I mean.

Cheers!

Ben

DynamicBlock_quandry.jpg

If I have understood it correctly what I think you need to do is as follows:

1. The stretch action for the door should also stretch the whole of the glass panel above it including the second stretch parameter for the glass panel)

2. The second stretch action should adjust the height of the glass panel. here you can specify on the distance parameter the minimum distance (166 mm in your case)

if you have any questions just ask

Thanks feargt! That is a perfectly workable solution :)

I didn't even think of that, as I was trying to make the block as flexible as possible (i.e. some users would prefer to adjust the door height without affecting the height of the frame.....but screw those guys!). This works well enough for me :)