PDF not to scale

grain

Hi,

I have had the response from a client that a PDF is not printing to scale.

I have also saved it in Autodesk DWG trueview 2014 (and LT 2009) and both times I have been told by the planning department that the PDF is not quite to scale. It has been carefuly 'published' at 1:1

Any ideas

Lots of people just do print pdf and take no notice of the fact that default is FIT sheet so marginal errors occur, need to check all the parameters in the print setting.

I managed to get both PDFs to print exactly to scale.

I printed an A4 sheet of part of the drawing and the scale bar and the dimension of 11300 were exact.

Your clients need to open it up in Adobe Acrobat, and not just press Cntrl - Shift - P. When it is opened in Adobe Acrobat, in the Page Sizing and Handling, the Size Options must be set to Actual size.

The PDFs are perfect, but you need to instruct those who are printing.

In passing, I find it curious that your scale bar shows four divisions in an overall length of 5 metres. I always show the divisions in one metre lengths, instead of 1.25m lengths :shock:

PageSize.PNG