How do I match text for all the text on the sheet ? in AutoCad Light 2013

RODH

How do I match text for all the text on the sheet ? is there a command that does this,"matchprop" doesn't do this for text like it does for most all other things.

To do this individually for each takes a lot of time.....:(

First you need to select some of them using the command 'selectsimilar', but first, send the command 'selectsimilarse' and make sure all options are selected. Once all the text is selected, press 'control + 1' and you should be able to match them all at once.

Obs.: This only seems possible with Text objects and not MText (unless you explode them).

Yes, hi thanks for reply. Specifically, I currently have existing text on the dwg which I am modifying to city blueprint style. The only way I do this is by edit text command to modify each text individually. I need to do it quicker if there is a command to do this like a match prop command , but don't know of one . Seems there must be a single command way to match text , rather than edittext, which requires highlighting the text and then going to the text editor finding the desired style, size and then is has to be done for each text I have to modify.

Yep, I can change the texts by changing the font and the size......... just gotta be a simpler way of doing like 200 of the same actions individually . Should be a way to make a group match text style, size, font change just like "matchprop" does for all else.

That's not what I'm asking and there is.

Do you know what a text style is?

It's a good way to change font for all the test assigned to that style. Now, if someone has gone and overwritten the properties of individual text in the editor it takes the control away from the style. If that is the case, find a LISP called STPMText and that will set the properties back so you can change the font in the style and have all the text assigned to that style change.

That's not what I'm asking and there is.

Do you know what a text style is?

RODH, considering that your profile says you are running AutoCad LT 2013, running a LISP program is NOT an option, you might want to back up a bit and answer the above question. There is a default text style named Standard. Are you using this one, or has a custom text style been set up, or is going to be set up, that you need to change to.

RODH, an easy way to determine the Text Style name, is to select a text object, then type properties. The Properties sheet will have a list of uh, um, properties, one of which is the text style. What is the text style name you are using? There has to be one. 2013 text does not function without at least one, the default, which is "Standard". Of course it can be overridden with all kinds of properties changes until it is unrecognizable, but that can be easily fixed, globally.

Actually, if you are using the ribbon in 2013. once you select a text object, the Annotation tab will show the "current" text style of that text object.

Another option is Filter select a text and edit the properties down to say Text style and maybe layer then just select entire dwg it will highlite those that match and you can use properties to change.

Since match properties is not working, I suspect that changing the properties won't work either. That is why I suggested that the properties were overwritten in the MText window which takes presidence over the properties of the entity.