Running AutoCad LT 2008 on a Windows 7 or 8 operating system?

gallery1428

I need to upgrade from my current 2007 Dell Windows Vista system. Can I run my current AutoCad LT 2008 software on a Windows 7 or 8 operating system?

I currently run AutoCad LT 2009 64 bit on a Win 7 64 bit laptop with no issues of any kind, but I experimented with the same program on a Win 8 64 bit machine and was not happy with the results.

I did some contract work for a shop running 2008 LT on 64 bit Win 7 systems with no problems so you should be good to go with Win 7.

I think, but am not sure that the 2008 version came with both the 32 and 64 bit versions on the install disk(or download executable) so that is probably not an issue. The 64 bit version will install if it is there. Just be sure you have a graphics card that is up to CAD. I don't really.

I think since most of my issues with 2009 and Win 8 are graphics related, that may be where my problems are. However, I decided to get around the issue by leasing AutoCad LT 2015 for 45 bucks a month from AutoDesk and it runs beautifully on the same machine, so I kind of doubt that my on board graphics card was the only or even one of the issues I had with my 2009 program.

I think if you are going to stick with your 32-bit version of AutoCAD 2008 then I'd recommend using a program like Longbow to get it to run under Win7 or Win8. Or, avoid all the problems by switching over to the 64-bit version of Draftsight, which is a 2D AutoCAD clone, that is FREE from Dassault Systemes.

Longbow

http://www.longbowsoftware.com/Tips_and_Tricks.php

Draftsight

http://www.3ds.com/products-services/draftsight/download-draftsight/

2015 is supposed to have a lot of performance improvements. That may be why it runs better.
Yeah, and one of them is that it is designed to run with the more graphics intense Windows 8.

Someone said that the LT 2008 program had both the 32-bit and the 64-bit versions on the same disk? (Yes....or....No) I am a retired cabinet maker from Gulfstream Aerospace Corp. I can design and build anything thing I want, but I am not very computer savy. So I am very greatfull when an experienced AutoCad LT user is willing to take me to school on how to deal with my software and computer issues,THANKS. I was hopeing find users who have tried LT 8 with Win8. Was hopeing for a direct install of LT 8 to Win8, is this possible? Ron

Not sure if both came on one disk but I would assume so. Our DVD lists just the 64-bit version. Remember that 2008 was certified for use on systems running Vista or XP so you may have to run the program in compatibility mode.

I said,

I think, but am not sure that the 2008 version came with both the 32 and 64 bit versions on the install disk(or download executable)
It is quite possible that 2008 was the last of the separated installs with only the one version, 32 or 64 on the disk. 2009 came with both versions bundled in the install. I purposely avoided the 2008 version when I first went to buy the program because working with someone else's install of 2008 showed me what a hammered together stack of error filled software it was, so I have no evidence to say either way, positively.