Hatch and layout tabs in LT2015

ROBP

Recently got to work with LT2015.

Did manage to set up classic version but still missing the hatch panel when selecting hatch, did check HPDLGMODE and set=2 just like in the 2012 full version but still missing the dialog box to open unless i type set.

I also have 12 layouts in the file and they do not all show up and keeps moving in the bottom ribbon.

Any suggestions on a fix on both of the above?

Thanks,

R

Btw i like the 2015 release but still getting use to it (some changes made compare to the earlier ones both full and LT)

Recently got to work with LT2015.

Did manage to set up classic version but still missing the hatch panel when selecting hatch, did check HPDLGMODE and set=2 just like in the 2012 full version but still missing the dialog box to open unless i type set.

I also have 12 layouts in the file and they do not all show up and keeps moving in the bottom ribbon.

Any suggestions on a fix on both of the above?

Thanks,

R

Btw i like the 2015 release but still getting use to it (some changes made compare to the earlier ones both full and LT)

Use the Ribbon, Luke. A Jedi's strength flows from the Ribbon. But beware of the dark side. If once you start down the dark path, forever it will dominate your destiny.

Most of the hatch "settings" are on the ribbon, Hatch contextual tab, as well as an arrow on the hatch options tab that opens the hatch settings dialog. Oh, no ribbon, that's right. Then the only other option is H(atch) (se)T(ings) .

Hover your cursor over the current drawing tab at the top left, you get large thumbnail previews of all the layout & model tabs, that are scroll-able like a photo gallery preview. Oh wait, you built a "classic view". Do you even have drawing tabs now? It's WAY faster than the old tab scrolling buttons, and the thumbnail previews are HUGE, so um... >>shrug

The layout tabs move when there isn't enough space for them relative to the one you are on. There is a down arrow button for a popup menu of the tabs too.

I have 17 layouts on my current drawing and they only go half way across my drawing window. Your tab names must be a lot longer than mine. The only solutions are shorter names, and a longer monitor. My longest tab name is 017A, and my monitor is 27" diagonal.;)

AutoCAD LT 2015.

I just checked our company's one version of this program and in the AutoCAD Classic workspace clicking on Draw > Hatch in the Menu Bar brings up the hatch dialog box without changing any settings what-so-ever. If you are not seeing the same results then someone (a mystery CAD tech?) changed a setting then saved the workspace.

I agree with Dana. It is high time you embrace the Ribbon. Yes, it takes some getting use to. It can however be customized so you could, if you wanted to, create a custom Ribbon with your own tabs and panels populated with the commands you use most frequently. It never hurts to learn something new.

Re: tabs. What size monitor do you have? I have a 22" monitor and I can get one model tab and 17 layout tabs across the bottom of my screen. You're not on a laptop are you?

I have forced myself to stop using layout tabs. The new ways to switch layouts are much more versatile.

The force is strong in new features. Embrace, rather than shun them, and soon, true Jedi, you will be.

AutoCAD LT 2015.

I just checked our company's one version of this program and in the AutoCAD Classic workspace clicking on Draw > Hatch in the Menu Bar brings up the hatch dialog box without changing any settings what-so-ever. If you are not seeing the same results then someone (a mystery CAD tech?) changed a setting then saved the workspace. I will have to double check on settings maybe it was modified by previous novice users.

I agree with Dana. It is high time you embrace the Ribbon. Yes, it takes some getting use to. It can however be customized so you could, if you wanted to, create a custom Ribbon with your own tabs and panels populated with the commands you use most frequently. It never hurts to learn something new.

Re: tabs. What size monitor do you have? I have a 22" monitor and I can get one model tab and 17 layout tabs across the bottom of my screen. You're not on a laptop are you?

nop no laptop the monitor is 17 inches but sheets has 12 digits (little plus shows me the panel then i can choose)

Like you said i will get use to it but for now need to produce then i will modify one by one at a time and slowly introduce the new configs and interface till i am familiar with each of them new way.

I have forced myself to stop using layout tabs. The new ways to switch layouts are much more versatile.

The force is strong in new features. Embrace, rather than shun them, and soon, true Jedi, you will be.

Old school here just a matter of time before i enjoy new technology, i guess interface only to adjust too ain't that bad considering