I don't completely understand what I need to accomplish with this.

StudentOfComputers

I have done all of my HW up until this point in 2D views. We are now given a 3D figure to reproduce. I have been out of it with my online classes because of two real difficult mid-terms I had to study for in other classes. I see that my AutoCAD class has went over Orthographic Views but I don't completely understand what the drawing should look like once done. We are told to use hidden lines as well as center lines. The two different types of lines should be "drawn in different colors as all continuous lines" (I get the color part as well as the continuous lines part)

My questions on this particular example...

1.) Based on what is being asked; should there be three different 2D drawings for this figure?

2.) What is the "A" representing in the figure?

3.) Where would the hidden lines be on this figure? I can probably guess one would be the hole that goes through the figure. ( I assume that because there is no depth stated with the circle)

4.) what is the sectional view?

I am not asking for someone to do my drawings just to give me a bit of help in understanding what is being asked. Thank you in advance for reading my post. I came here thinking I would get some help now, and I would continue to frequent this board to also help when I can. (Even though my knowledge is low at the moment)AUTOCADQUESTION.png

1. Yes, three views. Typically 3 views are always required, depending on how complex the object is. Plan (or top view), side view, and a front view. In some instances you only need two. Says right on your image to draw the front view, top view, and the sectional view "A".

2. "A" represents the sectional view you have been asked to create.

3. The only hidden lines required would be for the hole.

4. What is the sectional view; see points 1 and 2 above. It is what the object would look like if you cut it with a saw right along that line between the A and the other A.

edit: this might be of some help...

https://www.google.ca/search?q=orthographic+views+exercises&rlz=1C1KMZB_enCA574CA574&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=1115&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=2gVIVJepLdHQiQKc0YDwCg&ved=0CBwQsAQ

Edited by Enigma
added link

Thank you the prompt response! Those answers were of major help for me. I appreciate it. I should never miss lectures again in the future. Being out a week screws up everything. When done I will upload my work to show progress.

Edit: That link was of major help. I needed to hear it from someone else that what I was thinking was correct.

Edited by StudentOfComputers
added remark