spiral stairs

Gothic

I've a problem with the 3d polyline. i draw a spiral stairs in acad2002.

although i can draw the steps in helix angle along the spiral path, i can't meak it holding. after i draw the sp line along the path of its step, i want to make the extrude an object like a circle along that spline, i can't make it and it sign me can't extrude along that path. so i face the trouble with the spline.

how can i do it?

thank you.

Gothic

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gothic

• fahim108

• scj

• ReMark

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've a problem with the 3d polyline.

I guess you were refering to a spline! :P I don't know if it is a bug or what, but it usually happens in AutoCAD when you're trying to extrude along a path. :shock: Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Weird! Anyways, try scaling the object to a higher/lower value, whichever helps. If that doesn't solve the problem, remake the handrail section again (object to be extruded). Does help sometimes! ...moreover, you can extrude some others "sample" objects aliong this spline and see if they do. :oops:

P.S.: If you have 2007, use the SWEEP command, it's the best option for you out there... 8)

I guess you were refering to a spline! :P I don't know if it is a bug or what, but it usually happens in AutoCAD when you're trying to extrude along a path. :shock: Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Weird! Anyways, try scaling the object to a higher/lower value, whichever helps. If that doesn't solve the problem, remake the handrail section again (object to be extruded). Does help sometimes! ...moreover, you can extrude some others "sample" objects aliong this spline and see if they do. :oops:

P.S.: If you have 2007, use the SWEEP command, it's the best option for you out there... 8)

I haven't installed my acad 2007. So i can't use it. I make the extrude the object as you propose way from other posts. pls look n helpme. i can't post my picture here.

how can i post it? my file size is 140kb jpeg.

so....... it prevents me. i try and post it later.

where can i get any autolisp for spiral?

As far as LISPs are concerned I barely use them,:oops: so I advice you stick to the forum and someone will definately pass you a link for the LISP. :)

Regarding your image filesize, try cropping and/or resizing it. If you're using PhotoShop, you can even use a compression factor to reduce the image quality and hence filesize...

Moreover, did you try extruding other objects along that spline path?

:)

Hmmm... I guess extruding the handrail in increments should solve your problem. :huh: I know it's not a good tip but a logical workaround, though! :oops:

What I mean is, break the spline in two parts (or four, whichever works) so that the path gets shortened to one half (or quarter). This way it would be easier for AutoCAD to understand the extrusion path and model the handrail.

I guess, the inability of the Extrude command must've forced AutoCAD developers to introduce the SWEEP function. It can literally sweep any curve you can imagine of! Very handy for modeling complex tubes! 8)

Anyways, I hope the workaround helps! o:)

Hmmm... I guess extruding the handrail in increments should solve your problem. :huh: I know it's not a good tip but a logical workaround, though! :oops:

What I mean is, break the spline in two parts (or four, whichever works) so that the path gets shortened to one half (or quarter). This way it would be easier for AutoCAD to understand the extrusion path and model the handrail.

I guess, the inability of the Extrude command must've forced AutoCAD developers to introduce the SWEEP function. It can literally sweep any curve you can imagine of! Very handy for modeling complex tubes! 8)

i made breaking the spline in shorter., but i can't extrude along the path spl.,

only can make at poly line. but how can i draw the polyline alon z-axis?

it's totally insane.

Try to export the spline in AutoCAD 14 format and reinsert it in the drawing. It will break the spline in short line segments. Try to extrude along this new path -maybe it helps you

Use the 3dpoly command to make polylines in 3 dimensions. Besides, I guess fuccaro is right. Just try exporting the spline in R14 format and see if that gets converted to polyline(s). That should make it easier for you...:unsure:

Try to export the spline in AutoCAD 14 format and reinsert it in the drawing. It will break the spline in short line segments. Try to extrude along this new path -maybe it helps you

still thanks 4 all. but i haven't release 14 . I'll be very glad if you can take me some tutorials 4 that.regards,Gothic

still thanks 4 all. but i haven't release 14 . I'll be very glad if you can take me some tutorials 4 that.:)

regards,

Gothic

• 2 weeks later...

Now I'd got it... I converted the spline to pline with the lisp.:oops:

but it's not totally smooth as spline. Anyway it can be extruded along the pline path.

Thanks for your lisp sjc.o:)

Vielen Dank fur Ihre Hilfe....

alles Gute...:D

Gothic

I got it with an autolisp which convert the spline to 3dpline:o . I can extrude along that path now:shock: . but it's not totaly smooth.:unsure: 15151487.82e95f.jpg

Thanks for anyone

Gothic

• 11 months later...

I think that SWEEP fuction is aviable to extrude for cross-section. Please tell me exactly how to use this command.

• 2 years later...