DXFin problem

Hello. I am trying to get rid of Autodesk educational stamp on my drawing, so I dxfout the drawing. And when I dxfin it doesn't load but gives this message: "Press ENTER to continue". After pressing F2 there is another message saying:

"Expected 0 APPID or 0 ENTAB, recieved 0 STYLE

Error in APPID Table

Expected 0 APPID or 0 ENTAB, recieved 0 STYLE on line 1091164.

Invalid or incomplete DXF input -- drawing discarded."

Please help.

P.S. I did purge and audit before dxfout, as well as I detached all xrefs from the drawing.

What version of AutoCAD are you using?

2014 SP1 and later will remove the edu stamp simply by opening the DWG and saving it.

** 2014 SP1 solution only works when the DWG is opened in that version and later AutoCAD

** Using 2015 removes the edu stamp altogether

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Educational-Plot-Stamp-Removal-Issues.html?v=2012

Back to the issue at hand, I would try purging out all the REGAPPS before saving to DXF. You'll have to use the -PURGE command, not the dialog version (PURGE).

I just don't get how an Autodesk product can produce a file that the same Autodesk product refuses to open.

Edited by rkmcswain
add more detail and URL

I am using AutoCAD2014 SP1 and the stamp is not appearing on my PC, but on the PC of my colleague it shows up. I used-purge and selected regapps, then it asked to enter names to be purged, I selected *, then it asked to verify each name - I pressed No. I still get the following message after trying to dxfin:

Expected 0 APPID or 0 ENTAB, recieved 0 STYLE

Error in APPID Table

Expected 0 APPID or 0 ENTAB, recieved 0 STYLE on line 4400.

Invalid or incomplete DXF input -- drawing discarded.

As you may see it is the same message but with small difference in 3rd line.

Olzhas -- Just keep in mind this destroys any object type that was introduced after the R12DXF file format was created.

Such as tables, splines, mtext, ray, xline, mleader, wipeout, etc.

Thank you for your help, guys. Saving to Release 12 DXF file format - does it mean to save it as AutoCAD 2012 version?
No, it does not. The last choice on the Files of Type dropdown list, at the bottom of the Save As... Dialog is R12 to dxf.

R12 (Release 12) is from June 1992.

R12DXF is more or less considered the most stripped down file format for drawings, and current versions of AutoCAD do not let you save down any older (such as R10 or R11 DXF).

I would look for the source of the "Educational Plot Stamp" in the drawing and eliminate it, not strip down the entire drawing.

How was this drawing created, if someone where you work or a customer is using an Educational version to cause this problem, I would look for that source and eliminate them as well.

As was suggested previously I saved my drawing as R12DXF file format, and when I dxfin in a new drawing it still shows the following message:

Bad table entry type STYLE on line 470696.

Invalid or incomplete DXF input -- drawing discarded.

It looks like saving in R12dxf eliminated some mistakes as the message is shorter now, however I still can't load it.

I have an older version of AutoCAD, and when I start the DXFOUT command, I get a "Save Drawing As" dialogue screen, and at the right hand end of the top line, there is a Tools button. Pressing this reveals the Saveas Options, and when you click on the DXF Options, you can then check the Select objects.

You should be able to follow this on your version, but the screens might be a bit different :D

SaveAsOptions.PNG