AutoCAD 2012 LT - Table Editing

SPSX

Hello,

Can anybody confirm for me if 2012 LT allows tables to be easily manipulated.

For example: if you need to add/remove rows/columns can you do it with ease.

Also, if i have a table in Excel, can I copy it and paste it into AutoCAD table?

I am currenlty using DraftSight(free software) and want to upgrade to 12 LT, mainly becasue DraftSight does not allow easy manupulation. If I need to expand the tables I can only add rows. I cannot add columns nor can I remove rows/columns. It will require me to create a new table from scrach and that is a pain.

I have tried the Trial version of 2015 LT and Tables work exactly how I want them to. If there are no table changes between 2012-2015 LT, then I think i should be good to go.

If it is working for you, you can only expect it to be at least as capable in the newer version(s), if not more.

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

Rob, it sounds like the OP knows that it works in 2015, but is planning to upgrade to 2012, whence the thread title. :)

Having never used LT, my guess is that you shouldn't have difficulties, as described, in 2012 LT. :|

The 2012LT version is still available on the Autodesk virtual agent site as a trial version, so you could try it and see if it is working as you want. But I don't think it is available as a purchase option the only option available for purchase (or subscription/rental) is the current version 2016 though 2015 is possibly still considered current.