PDA

View Full Version : Creating objects/Dimensions

Alex Beardshaw
19th Sep 2006, 03:41 pm
Im using AutoCAD LT 2007 version.

If I draw an object using various lines and shapes arcs etc, how do I make this into an object or a block so it can all be moved at once?

Also if I use a dimension on an object can I then make the dimension so it moves with the object if say I change the size?

Thanks

tzframpton
19th Sep 2006, 03:45 pm
Type B or BLOCK in the command line to create a Block within the drawing (which will make it all one entity), and use W or WBLOCK to export/save it (only if needed).

Type DIMASSOC in the command line and set it to 2 to make the dimensions move/change with changes.

EDIT: i just saw you're using LT 2007, i'm sure these commands are the same as all the others, but just in case post up.

Alex Beardshaw
19th Sep 2006, 03:51 pm
Thanks for replying so quickly, do I need to click on the object and the dimension before entering DIMASSOC on the command line?

tzframpton
19th Sep 2006, 04:02 pm
Na you dont.... just start dimensioning after you use the DIMASSOC option.... because any dimension you set before it, doesn't hold the properties... so i think. but just to be sure, set it to 2, then start dimensioning.

oh, and you only have to set the DIMASSOC Option one time. it's a global setting. 8)

Alex Beardshaw
19th Sep 2006, 04:09 pm
Excellent thanks very much for that.