Copy Tabs To A New Drawing

Red Squirrel 1

Hello,I am struggling with a drawing that keeps freezing as I zoom in to an object. To try an get over this problem I want to start a new drawing, then copy my model into it and at the same time copy the tabs across as well. How do I copy the tabs across into my new drawing ?

You cannot directly copy a layout into a new drawing, but if you have a layout in the new drawing and the page setup is the same as the original drawing (same sizes etc) then you can copy all the layout content from the original to the new drawing layout which would bring all the paperspace objects including viewports into the new drawing. I'm just not sure that it would solve any of your problems.

If you use design centre (ctrl+2) you can copy in your layouts (titleblocks, viewports etc.) between drawings (double click don't drag) but I've found this tool to be a little limited as it can't remember your layer states i.e. which layers are turned off and on, frozen thawed etc. This isn't too bad with a small drawing with few layouts but when I wanted to do this it was in a massive drawing with 20+ layouts.

Layouts can also be imported. Right click on a layout tab and select "From Template". Change the file type to .dwg, then browse to the file with the desired layouts.