Transparency

Guys,

was wondering if anyone knows or if its possible to create an editable transparent text box?

this would be doable if it was an autocad file but its not its a JPEG so its only inserted into the drawing.

I tried a few things...

I've tried doing a solid hatch behind the text and then screening the colour but that only makes the colour feint not transparent.

Also tried the wipeout command no luck.

I've changed the plotter properties to "merge lines". this makes the solid hatch transparent although it isnt adjustable. the lines that i need to see are too dark and now the text is not readable.

i've attached what i need my end result to be like. ( architects setting the standard - dont think its been done on autocad i recieved this as a pdf and had to create jpeg to put it into the drawing.)

cheers :wink:

Steven.

Textbox.JPG

o.0 truly stumped! I've seen this before on imported drawings but never had to deal with them on an interactive level

I'm confused as to what you're asking about. You have a JPEG from what I can tell. If you have a JPEG, it can't be editable within AutoCAD.

I'm confused as to what you're asking about. You have a JPEG from what I can tell. If you have a JPEG, it can't be editable within AutoCAD.

sorry if i wasnt clear on the question but what im trying to do is draw the text box over the jpeg image that i have brought into autocad...

Don't use solid hatch, use dots or ansi37, etc. Lines merge, screened color for the hatch.

rkent,

i tried using dots and ansi37 but its not as good a result. for large areas of the drawing that need to be blue to show the water flow i used dots and its ok but for smaller areas like the text box its not soo good in my case. also lines merge makes the hatch completely transparent even with screened colour and thats not the desired effect. yes i could use another program but it wasnt needed that bad to go to that extent. thanks for the advice anyway guys, can tell yous know what you're talking about ;) very helpful!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...