Clash Analysis

Rise

under your assembly menu up top, there is an analysis tab and an interference option. I havent used mechanical in a long time and never used this feature but im sure the Help file will give you something to go off. You will need to have correctly modeled an assembly for this to work i believe.

at the top of your screen where file edit view and all that is. There is no assembly menu? Here is a screen shot i just took from MDT07

mdthelp.jpg

looks like you might be on the acad profile.

Go to Assist>Options, then i your options window go over to the profiles tab and tell me what profilie you are on. Here is a screen shot of the window. There are different profiles which make the program have a different interface. You can use MDT as if it were autocad(vanilla and acadmpp profiles). you can also create your own.

mdthelp2.jpg

well you can make a custom profile. Did you do the install for your computer or is this a work computer?

do something else for me, under your Assist menu Customize>interface

Look under your Menus like in the screen shot and see if Assembly is there. It probably wont be but im curious.

I honestly dont remember how to modify the profiles to include everything, i would have to play around a bit to figure it out. I never use MDT so im hoping someone else will chime in for you.

mdthelp3.jpg

no, assembly is not there...

yeah this is a work computer, but I have access to the install discs and what not. should i think about re-installing?

im not sure if there were features that didnt get installed or not. Ive always had those profiles listed and added the one with my name that was just plain acad07 with the menus i use. Im sure there is a way to create your own profile with mdt stuff i just dont remember enough about it to walk you through it. If you go to the assist menu, customize, interface, and you right click on workspace you can create a new one and inlcude all the menus you want(if they are listed). Make sure you include file, edit, view insert etc. you will be sorry if you dont:)

but if assist doesnt show up in your menus list im not sure what to do from here.

try creating your own workspace and see if you can add the assembly menu in there. Im sure if you do a little searching on here or around the net or your help file there will be some magical reference to creating an MDT profile. Once you can create or load the mdt profiles you will have the tools you need to answer your original question:)

good luck and ill let you know if i figure anything out.

Is it possible to find out how much 2 solids intersect each other using AutoCAD Mechanical 2007?

If you are simply interested in the intersecting volume why not run the intersect command and then then massprop command?

On plain AutoCAD I used to use the INTERFERE command to check if two or more solids overlaps. Does INTERFERE exist in your software?

If you are simply interested in the intersecting volume why not run the intersect command and then then massprop command?

because i forgot that it did volume :oops:

thanks!

sorry for dragging this out RISE. I made a bad assumption in the begining thinking that you were working with an assembly that you were trying to check interference during its motion. Hopefull the suggestions work for you.

sorry for dragging this out RISE. I made a bad assumption in the begining thinking that you were working with an assembly that you were trying to check interference during its motion. Hopefull the suggestions work for you.

Not at all, shift! I appreciate the fact that you kept with me that whole time :)