Is there any snap object mode to draw a line between two circles?

khoshravan

I have 2 objects, let say two circles with different centers and different radius.

I want to draw a line from quadrant of one circle with 50 degree angle until it intersects with other circle. Obviously the length of the line is unknown.

A basic solution would be to draw a longer line and then trim it.

But I want to be more productive and draw in one step. Is it possible?

Untitled.jpg

Edited by khoshravan

Please refrain from creating duplicate threads as it only leads to confusion. I'm pretty sure you have been told this in the past as well. Thank you.

You can find an explanation of all the OSnap settings right here in the Tutorials section of CADTutor.

Re: NEAREST

The Nearest Osnap snaps to the nearest point on a drawing object. This Osnap is useful if you want to make sure that a pick point lies on a drawing object but you don't necessarily mind exactly where it is located.

Please refrain from creating duplicate threads as it only leads to confusion. I'm pretty sure you have been told this in the past as well. Thank you.

I thought it might not be good to ask two questions in one thread. My main concern, is the question in this thread. I thought "nearest osnap" should answer the question, but I am not sure.

You can't know the intersecting point ahead of time, and there are no random snaps on a circle. You have only quadrant, tangent, perpendicular, and center. Since your line will only hit one of these points by chance, depending on the alignment of the two circles, your longer line drawn at the proper angle, then trim is about it. At least it's accurate.

You have Autocad so maybe a good time to learn lisp it can be done, quad, angle, pick 2nd circle, draw line done, hint "intersectwith". At 458 posts you should be starting to have a go rather than just rely on every one else.

Dear Dana and Bigal

Thanks for your replies.

Someday I will go for LISP. Now it is too early for me.

So the method I applied already, seams to be the best solution.