screen resolution inventor 2012

laxin

Hello-

I'm getting a new laptop to run AutoCAD and I would also like it to run inventor 2012. The two computers I have available to me have a screen size of 17.3 1600 x 900 and 15.6 1366 x 768. The autodesk website said the minimum resolution needed for inventor is 1280 x 1024. Does this mean that those two computers would not be able to run inventor? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I appreciate the help.

Yes, that is the recommended baseline resolution. Some people have had success running Inventor on systems that do not meet the minimum specs but each case is different.

Edited by ReMark

I don't have it yet, but was looking to download the pro edition. I am currently a student and VA get it from the education community.

You are correct on the baseline, so I guess that means it would work at all on that computer? What if I hooked it up to a seperate monitor?

Get your information from someone who is actually running the software.

I am running on a 17.3 1440x900.

On some of my machines the resolution is even lower as I use a projector with lower resolution.

(also on this laptop when I have it connected to the projector)

I assume you are talking about laptops - get the 17.3 screen.

I routinely run Inventor on my laptop at 1600x900, and on an external display at 720p - 1280x720 - and it's also fine. You just have a little less screen real estate, that's all.