Hide or Isolate Objects by Viewport?

tzframpton

Hello all, is there still not a way to use the Isolate or Hide Objects tool in AutoCAD per each viewport? If I have multiple viewports of the same 3D or AEC Objects from modelspace, I'd like for each Viewport to turn off or on certain objects.

One note: Layer Management cannot do this to the best of my knowledge. Also, my question refers more to AEC Objects from the vertical products, but is still generally asked for normal solids.

I tried VIEWBASE as an option but it only sees normal solids and not AEC Objects.

Thanks in advance!

-TZ

As far as I know, you still have to put objects on different layers to control their visibility permanently. Can you imagine the complexity of tracking visibility for each object and each viewport?

Can you imagine the complexity of tracking visibility for each object and each viewport?
I can certainly imagine. Revit does it, and it is so simple and easy yet so very effective, and oh how I wish AutoCAD could integrate this almost necessary visibility process.

-TZ

It is AutoCAD, not Revit, TZ . If we were able to that in AutoCAD what the heck do you need Revit for? ;-)

If you want 'Objects' to turn invisible in viewports, then place them together in a xref and turn these xref layers off..

All I'm asking if objects can be individually hidden or isolated by Viewport. These commands exist in AutoCAD but this is a drawing-wide command, and we're using AutoCAD MEP on a project which utilizes AEC Objects (

All I'm asking if this is possible yet in AutoCAD. As of right now, the answer is no, unless someone knows a workaround or a solution. I'm just asking for a solution in AutoCAD, not a flame war. Thanks in advance.

-TZ

Have you tried wipeout ? It can be on 1 layer. Just did a quick test model and layout combos 3 wipeouts, but was not a 3d object.
Thanks Big Al, definitely a workable alternative but not one I'm willing to implement. I'm using isometric views a lot in this scenario. Thanks for your suggestion, always appreciated!

-TZ

I was a bit worried about 3d views. Creating multiple wipeouts as screens very interesting.

Another thought Pface it must be a plane but you can not see through if you use hide, supports 3dpoints in its creation I know as used it for building pitched roofs and 100% works can not see through roof. All points created in world UCS.