Make a 3D oven

thy

Hi guys, would like a help, of course if I'm here! This is an oven design in 3D. But I would do it brick by brick, if feasible. Below the picture. Some considerations: I tried to do using Autocad 2012 using the Polar Array new feature, but I can not close the oven on top. I appreciate the opportunity to discuss this doubt!

http://salveoplaneta.zip.net/images/Imagem107.jpg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thy

• ReMark

• nestly

• fuccaro

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The idea of using AutoCAD to design mud hut strikes me as funny, but after I finished laughing, the process of doing that type of design is sort of intriguing.

Perhaps draw the profile of the oven, then use MEASURE to establish the elevation of each course of bricks. Now that you know the diameter of each course, you could manually place one brick on each course and polar array them.

It's going to take some manual work, and not being a mason, I'm not exactly sure how to finish the top, but that's the first idea that popped into my head.

An igloo uses blocks while the oven the OP provided the image of uses bricks. I think he will find it tough going. But speaking of bricks, during a major reconstruction of our city's Main Street workmen unearthed a 100" double-brick wall sanitary sewer dating back to the late 1800's. How's that for old world craftsmanship?

The idea of using AutoCAD to design mud hut strikes me as funny, but after I finished laughing, the process of doing that type of design is sort of intriguing.

Perhaps draw the profile of the oven, then use MEASURE to establish the elevation of each course of bricks. Now that you know the diameter of each course, you could manually place one brick on each course and polar array them.

It's going to take some manual work, and not being a mason, I'm not exactly sure how to finish the top, but that's the first idea that popped into my head.

Really is to laugh ... But in return becomes a challenge, as you said!

The profile was drawn from the oven, that is, the base is circular and the walls are ellipses or arcs. What is harder to do are elevations. I figured that in AutoCad 2012 with the feature could facilitate Polar Array. Facilitated, but was not as I imagined. So, I decided to post in the forum for some kind soul could help! It was great because I found LOL, thank you in advance.

Doing it brick-by-brick seems pointless. That's why AutoDesk utilizes "materials".

I'll think about it, the disadvantage I see is fact not count the bricks, after the end of construction ... Thanks for your time!

Thy

Your posts require a lot of moderation. Can you please post all your oven-related questions in this thread?

I'm sorry, but did not see that it was necessary to approve a moderator

Again, I'm not a mason and I'm sure this wouldn't do as shown in the video, but the bricks could be 3D blocks which could be positioned along the profile with MEASURE, and then ARRAYed from the top.

http://screencast.com/t/5EVms0lf2Ziq

Thanks for the suggestion ... made me think better ...

MEASURE I tried the command but not worked very well! I made ​​the block with brick and using the MEASURE command was not aligned. So, I used the command "PATH ARRAY"to distribute the bricks in the Z axis. As the image below:

capturardq.jpg

Note that from the top of the bricks did not shut down and the addition of bricks in the command "POLAR ARRAY" causes the computer is very slow ... I say, undermines the work and editing.

Another failed attempt to make the oven ...

forno.jpg

Thanks to all who provide the time to help me!

Other suggestions are most welcome

Ok, if I do not brick by brick ... I see that the job will really arduous ... But it would be the most interesting to do. What are my alternatives. And so I apply this material object.