Dynamic - stretch with array problems

yrnomad

Help! :x

I just can't seem to get this right. I've rebuilt it several times from scratch, changing it to stretch from the end, instead of the middle, then back again...

I'm trying to create a dynamic block that allows me to stretch a frame with a list of distances. (2', 3', 4', 5', 6', 8', 10', 12', 16'). As it stretches the frame it is also supposed to array the round plug symbol every 6 inches.

What seems to happen is when I start the stretch I suddenly have additional plug symbols extending beyond the frame.

What am I doing wrong? (the block is attached)

Ep_plugmold.dwg

I've run into this before. The problem stems from when your grip point falls somewhere over half your column offset distance. I've gotten around it in the past either by replacing the arrayed object with a properly scaled hatch (easy for straight lines) or by adding a small stretch parameter set which lets me adjust the starting position of the arrayed object (a small 3" shift in this example), or by adding a parameter just for the stretch doing away with the grip point altogether and replacing it with a lookup parameter which sets the values for the stretch and the array (probably best in your case where you have a list of set distances).

I'm still having trouble with the plug symbols. Maybe my array isn't set properly. I set up the lookup table, and I think I've got that part correct. I seem to still be getting unwanted plugs.

When I enter the block's drawing, I see the 3 plug symbols but after going in and out of the block editor, there are 23 more plugs. It seems like the one that is part of the array parameter is arrayed out 23 time at a 1" offset.

I've attached it, please take a look.

Ep_plugmold2.dwg